Screamin' Wild Shrimp Wasabi
June 18, 2010 - Just a girl at the beach!
Let's all enjoy some fresh gulf shrimp this Father's Day weekend!
• 1 tablespoon wasabi powder
• 1/4 cup beer (use Landshark© beer and drink the rest while cooking)
• 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
• 2 pounds large headless shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails intact
• 1//2 teaspoon course sea salt
• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
• 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
• Lime slices for garnish
1. Combine wasabi powder, beer and horseradish. Set aside.
2. Peel and de-vein shrimp, leaving tails intact.
3. Place a cast iron skillet over high heat. When it begins to smoke, add shrimp. Shake skillet and toss or stir shrimp for 15 seconds or until they just begin to turn pink.
4. Add salt, wasabi mixture and butter. Stir quickly, turning shrimp for another 15 seconds, then cover tightly and remove from heat. Let shrimp rest for 5 minutes.
5. Add cilantro, stir once, and cover again. Wait another 5 minutes.
6. Garnish with lime slices and serve immediately.
Serves 4 - 6